Each week I bring you a kids craft that is fun, educational, and frugal. August 3rd is National Watermelon day and since my 3 year old would live off of watermelon if I let him, I just had to do a fun craft!
If you’ve missed any previous crafts, check out Momondealz’s Kids Frugal Fun page.
Remember, if you love any of my crafts, be sure to Pin them on Pinterest!
Watermelon Math Fun
Red, green, and black construction paper
1. Cut triangles using the red construction paper.
2. Cut the “rind” shape using the green construction paper.
3. Cut small circles from the black construction paper (we had self adhesive black foam so that’s what we used).
4. Glue the green “rind” to the red fruit to create your watermelon pieces. Add black circles to create your “seeds”.
- Math: Create math problems using the watermelon pieces by making sure there are various numbers of seeds on the watermelon pieces. Write + or – and = signs on a sheet of white paper and allow your child to create and solve their own math problems.
- Language Arts: Labe your watermelon pieces with sight words or letters of the alphabet and help your child create a memory game with your desired learning skill
I also did this really fun and cute Watermelon themed craft last year!