This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SplendaHoliday #CollectiveBias
Best Recipe Lemon Bars Trifle with SPLENDA® Sweeteners
SPLENDA® Sweeteners make the perfect ingredient for easy holiday baking recipes like our best recipe Lemon Bars Trifle.
Why not get a jump start on your New Years resolutions by using this special ingredient with less added sugar? If you love sweets like I do, you know that it pays to make substitutions to cut calories.
I could eat stacks of sugary lemon bars, but that doesn’t mean I should–which is why I love having a recipe for Lemon Bars made with SPLENDA®. Especially now that I’m doing the whole adult braces thing–I want to make sure I’m eating good too.
Delicious Lemon Bars
The base for the recipe Lemon Bars Trifle is our favorite delicious lemon bars. Think about the best recipe for lemon bars that you’ve ever had–that’s how we feel about this one.
Easy to make lemon bars are paired with sugar-free vanilla pudding and crushed graham crackers. Yum!
Simple Steps to Make Lemon Bar Trifle
Making the Lemon Bars
First, combine flour and SPLENDA® and margarine with a fork until it reaches a flaky consistency. Pat down into an 8×8 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
Next, you’ll need to combine the remaining ingredients: eggs, milk, lemon juice, flour and SPLENDA®. Mix well and pour over the baked crust in the 8×8 pan. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until firm.
Remove from oven and sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar.
Plenty of Pudding
I love making desserts that include instant pudding. It adds fun flavor and another layer to a dessert that might otherwise be pretty ordinary. For our Lemon Bar Trifle, we’re simply mixing one box of vanilla pudding with some milk and a little bit of whipped topping to give it a super smooth finish.
Crumbs and Whipped Topping
To finish off the trifle, add a sprinkling of graham cracker crumbs, a dollop of whipped topping and a small piece of lemon bar topping.
SPLENDA® vs Sugar Baking
Fewer calories and cutting down on sugar intake are both important things to consider when doing your holiday baking this year. Did you know the average American sugar intake is 22 teaspoons per day. Per day!
For more information, check out Walmart’s product page for SPLENDA®.
BEST Recipe Lemon Bars = EASY Holiday Baking Recipes
Think about SPLENDA® vs sugar baking as a way to cut down on caloric intake without losing sweet flavor. Learning to substitute SPLENDA® for sugar in easy holiday baking recipes like our delicious lemon bars is a great place to start decreasing sugar in your daily diet.
(It’s also a great way to save a tiny bit of room for a super small piece of Chocolate Peppermint Bark.)
SPLENDA® is available at Walmart, so its not one of those hard to find ingredients.
Looking for more helpful ideas for easy holiday baking recipes? The SPLENDA® SWEET SWAPS™ Initiative has tons of recipes to get you started cutting down on sugar.
Best Recipe Lemon Bars Trifle
- Lemon Bars:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup SPLENDA® No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon peel
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Pudding layer:
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding – sugar free (mix with 1 1/2 cups milk and then add in 1 cup whipped topping)
- 4 graham crackers
- First, combine flour and SPLENDA® and margarine with a fork until it reaches a flaky consistency. Pat down into an 8×8 pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Next, you’ll need to combine the remaining ingredients: eggs, milk, lemon juice, flour and SPLENDA®. Mix well and pour over the baked crust in the 8×8 pan. Bake for another 20-25 minutes or until firm.
- Mix vanilla pudding with 1 1/2 cups milk and 1 cup whipped topping to give it a super smooth finish.