Each week I bring you a kids craft that is fun, educational, and frugal. June 9th is Donald Duck’s birthday so I decided to create a fun craft centered around this loved character!
If you’ve missed any previous crafts, check out Momondealz’s Kids Frugal Fun page.
Remember, if you love any of my crafts, be sure to Pin them on Pinterest!
Donald Duck Antonynm Boats
Printouts of Donald Duck’s picture
1. Cut the sponges in half.
2. Cut the straws in half.
3. Poke holes in the middle of the sponges.
4. Find and print pictures of Donald Duck ( just do a google image search and choose the one you like). Label them with antonyms.
- Language Arts: Read the Duck and Goose series. We read A Book of Opposites (Duck & Goose) pictured above and used the words from this book. You could also label the ducks with the alphabet, sight words, or whatever skill your child needs practice.
- Math: Label the ducks with numbers and have your child create math problems using the numbered ducks.
- Science: Discuss with your child the habitat that a duck would live in. You can create a pond picture with your child and have ducks floating around the habitat.