Last week in my post I told you I was trying a new recipe-it was a success! I did originally want to only use zucchini instead of noodles, but I ended up using both. This recipe still has a lot less carbs since I cut the noodle usage in half!
Zucchini (I used 4)
Lasagna noodles (I used 6)
Seasonings/Herbs (to taste)
Ricotta Cheese (low fat)
1. Clean and cut the zucchini horizontally.
2. Boil the pieces for about 2 minutes (not required but I wanted it really soft).
3. Cover bottom of pan with tomato sauce and put one layer of noodles.
4. Spread ricotta cheese over the noodles and sprinkle with turkey and mozzarella cheese.
5. Layer zucchini over mixture.
6. Continue layering the lasagna in this manner until you reach the top.
7. Insert toothpicks into the top of the pan to avoid cheese sticking to the tin foil.
Is your mouth watering yet?
8. Cover lasagna in tin foil and cook on 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
9. After 45 minutes remove the foil and allow it to brown in the oven for about 10-15 more minutes.
We each had a piece, I put aside a couple more pieces for lunches, and then still had 1/2 left over to freeze for a future meal! Delicious!