We’ve been spoiled lately with beautiful weather in my region but cold temperatures are coming this week. That means A LOT of time spent indoors with the kids. Many parents will be scratching their brains attempting to keep their children entertained. We do a lot of crafts in my home but my son also LOVES to cook. It’s seriously one of his favorite things to do! With all of our crafts, learning time, and cooking, I struggle to whip up something different for lunch everyday.
Weaver Chicken Nuggets gives me a perfect solution! We can throw them on a baking sheet and finish our activities while they are cooking. The best part? Will and Zack LOVE them! Just look at them attacking them!
As a mom, I am happy with them because not only do they get my picky son (Will) to eat, but they have zero grams trans-fat per serving and are high in protein. I serve them with the boys’ favorite veggie (carrots) and whatever fruit they choose for the day. Their plates are colorful and nutritional with hardly any effort! The nuggets help me enjoy more time to make memories playing games, doing crafts, and just enjoying my children!
Professional chef Maureen Petrosky also has some tips for winter time indoor play with your kids:
- Dine-in together. Just because you don’t have time to create a meal from scratch, doesn’t mean you can’t put something on the table that’s wholesome and delicious. Keep it simple and serve chicken nuggets alongside a big salad and some fresh bread from the bakery.
- Spice it up. Revisit your pantry or spice drawer to avoid extra trips to the grocery store. With simple ingredients such as rosemary, garlic, oregano or cilantro, you can quickly transform your family’s favorite meals into an array of dinner options. Get everyone involved in meal prep and use this time as an opportunity to catch up with one another.
- Go camping indoors. The rule: no lights, phones or computers from dusk to dawn. Drape the couch and chairs with sheets for a makeshift tent. Put your sleeping bags on the floor, grab your flashlights, and share your best ghost stories.
- Start a dance party. A great way to have some fun with your family is to get everyone dancing. Turn off the TV and turn on some good tunes. Make homemade trophies and prizes to give to the winners. Create special categories for best moves, best spins, most creative, most enthusiastic dancer.
- Turn chore time into an a-maze-ing race. In ten minutes, you can create an indoor maze, complete with clues to take your family on an at-home adventure. Incorporate simple chores like putting away laundry, cleaning under the bed, or setting the table. The final reward can be their favorite dinner or an extra bedtime story.
How would you like to win a month’s worth of Weaver Chicken Nuggets?
Read below to see how:
Leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite indoor activity you enjoy with your child.
1. Like Momondealz via Facebook. Leave a comment on this post telling me you have done this.
2. Sign up for Momondealz’s FREE email that will make sure you never miss a deal! Leave a comment on this post telling me you have done this.
3. Like Weaver via Facebook. Leave a comment on this post telling me you have done this. Be sure to leave a comment on their Facebook page telling them that Momondealz sent you!
4. Leave a comment on any other post on Momondealz. Then come back to this post and leave a comment telling me your comment and which post you chose.
5. Tweet or Facebook this giveaway. Be sure to put #momondealz in your tweet or @momondealz for your Facebook share. Leave a comment on this post with the URL of your share/tweet.
Disclosure: Tyson provided me with Weaver nuggets in order to complete this review. They will also be sending the winner their 4 coupons for free nuggets. Opinions are 100% my own.