Recently my oldest son had a terrible cough and since there’s been some cases of whopping cough in the area, I was worried. In case this has ever happened to you, here are some whooping cough facts to help you figure out what’s going on with your child.
Whooping Cough Facts
- Whooping Cough is another name for Pertussis.
- Whooping Cough is a highly contagious respiratory disease.
- Whooping Cough is known for uncontrollable and violent coughing.
- Whooping Cough most commonly affects infants and young children.
- The best way to protect yourself against whooping cough is to get immunized.
- Whooping Cough “coughing fits” can last 1-6 weeks but as long as 10 weeks and has been called the 100 day cough.
- Whooping Cough can cause serious illness and possibly death in infants.
You may also be interested in:
Filed under: Thoughts