If you are struggling with the craving for a rich cheesy snack here is a perfect substitute with half the calories of the traditional! Weight Watchers Appetizer Recipes can be perfect for playoff games or just because and these Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks take only moments to prepare. The are a great mozzarella sticks recipe that will easily fix that fast food craving you are plagued with while trying to stay on your diet and healthy eating regimen. They don’t have the classic “crunch” you may be used to in the traditional fried variety but they pack tons of flavors and have the oozing cheese that we all love. Each whole cheese stick is only 2 Weight Watchers Points. Full of calcium, craving satisfying and rich in flavor this is the perfect treat!
BAKED MOZZARELLA CHEESE STICKS
Low Fat Part Skin Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks
½ Cup Plain Bread Crumbs
½ Teaspoon Sage
½ Teaspoon Rosemary
½ Teaspoon Thyme
¼ Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
• Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray
• In small bowl mix together bread crumbs and seasonings
• Cut string cheese sticks in half
• Dip each half cheese stick in water and then dip into bread crumb mixture
• Place on pre-sprayed baking sheet
• Bake cheese sticks at 400 degrees for 7 minutes or until just melted.
• Remove from heat and allow to cool
8 ounce can Tomato Sauce
1 Teaspoon Oregano
1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
• Mix all ingredients together in small bowl.
• Heat in microwave for 45 seconds or until heated through
• Serve with Baked Cheese sticks
These cheese sticks will not be crisp but will retain the flavor of the bread crumbs and cheese satisfying that craving you have. They are a bit messy to eat due to bread crumbs so you may prefer using a fork to cut them and dip in sauce if desired. At only 2 Weight Watchers Points for 2 Baked Mozzarella Cheese Sticks (equal to 1 string cheese stick), these are a quick and satisfying snack on your healthy eating journey.
If you like this recipe, also check out: