People often ask me why we have chosen Virginia Beach as our home. There were many factors in this choice, but one of them was that there are so many things to do in Virginia Beach-and many of them are FREE! I thought that since summer break is coming up, some of you would appreciate a nice list of things you can do to keep busy during the summer-no one likes to hear “Mommmmm, I’m boooreed!”
Virginia Beach Things To Do
1. The BEACH!! There are several beaches to take advantage of including the Virginia Beach oceanfront, Shore Drive, and Sandbridge beach. The Virginia Beach Oceanfront itself offers a wide variety of activities that are family friendly. Via Virginia Beach Beach Street USA, you’ll find free concerts and festivals that last all summer! There is also a special play park called Grommit Island Park that is equipped to offer fun for children of all ages and abilities!
2. The Virginia Beach Farmer’s Market: The Market offers local foods plus lots of free family activities. You can visit every Friday night and experience a Hoedown, or check out their event schedule that includes all kinds of special events.
3. Virginia Beach Parks & Recreation Centers: They are constantly putting on parties and events during the summer and have an amazing Fourth of July celebration. I am looking forward to the 80′s party coming up in June!
4. AMF Bowling-Kids Bowl For FREE all summer! A membership card will be assigned during your first visit and should be used to redeem your games on future visits
5. Virginia Beach Public Libraries: Looking for activities on a rainy day? Head to the library! They have programs and activities all summer long including recipe swaps, pirate story times, and lots of ocean themed activities!
6. Virginia Beach Aquarium: This is not a free activity but you can definitely spend an entire day in the aquarium and learn a HUGE amounts of facts. My kids LOVE the aquarium, especially the special toddler programs that are included in admission!
7. Virginia Beach Movies: Twisted Tuesdays-Cinema Cafe offers $1.50 movies on Tuesdays!
8. Free Story times: Barnes and Noble offer free story times and events all summer long!
This list is by no means a complete listing of all there is to do-but I tried to keep events as low cost as possible.