Everyone has a recipe that when it’s merely mentioned makes you think of home. When I read about Tastes of Home With Frito Lay Recipe Search, I immediately knew I had to include my recipe for Chicken and Dumplings! This meal was a Sunday afternoon staple at my house and something I always looked forward to throughout the week. Due to limited time and a stricter diet, I have modified the family recipe a bit to make it less time consuming a bit more healthier. Enjoy!
1-2 Pounds Chicken Breasts
(4) 16 Ounce Cans of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
5-6 Red Potatoes
1 Package of Frozen Green Beans
1/2 Cup Skim Milk
1 TablespoonOlive Oil Butter Spread
1 Package of Frozen Dumplings
1. Lay Chicken in crockpot and pour 2 cans of broth into the pot.
2. Cook on low 6 hours or high 3-4 hours.
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into small pieces.
2. Boil the potatoes in water until they are soft.
3. Drain, add milk, butter, and desired seasonings.
4. Mash/Blend potatoes until you have your desired consistency.
1. Drain the extra broth from the chicken in the crockpot into an 8 qt pot. Add 2 more cans and then fill with water unti the pot is about 3/4 full.
2. Bring liquid to a boil and then slowly start adding the dumplings, stirring as you add.
3. Cook the dumplings until they become tender, stirring frequently.
Serve the chicken and potatoes with the dumplings and juice, adding the green beans (or your desired vegetable) on the side.
Frito Lay will also be sending one of my readers a variety snack size prize pack! Here is some information about their Lay’s Regional Flavored Chips:
These chips were inspired by popular American regional cuisine and include:
Northeastern U.S. – Lay’s Honey Mustard
Midwestern U.S. – Lay’s Creamy Garden Ranch
Northwestern U.S. – Lay’s Balsamic Sweet Onion
Southwestern U.S. – Lay’s Chipotle Ranch
Southeastern U.S. – Lay’s Cajun Herb & Spice
· All of the Lay’s Regional Flavored potato chips are made with all natural ingredients and cooked in healthier oils, like corn and sunflower oils, which contain 80% or more of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat – the “good fats.” They also contain 0 grams of trans fats per serving!
There’s also less sodium in them than you might think – a 1-oz serving of our Lay’s Regional Flavored potato chips contains less salt than a plain bagel!
If you would like to enter this giveaway, there are several optional entries-complete 1 or all of them!
1. What are some flavors or recipes that remind you of home? Leave your answer on this post.
2. Follow Momondealz via Facebook. Leave a comment on this post telling me you have done this.
3. Follow Momondealz via Twitter. Leave a comment on this post telling me you have done this.
4. Follow Momondealz via RSS Feed. Leave a comment on this post telling me you have done this.
Disclosure: I was not paid for this post, however Frito Lay did provide me with a sample pack of chips and this recipe serves as my entry into their recipe serach contest.