I was skeptical at first. How can you decorate plates at home. I decided to try it after I saw this cool idea on Pinterest. I am working on a project to get kids involved in the kitchen. I thought wouldn’t it be neat to have them help make their own bowls to eat out of. I took some white bowls from our cabinet. We wrote our name and year on the bottom so we could remember for years to come when we made our project. Then I took out a pack of sharpies that I bought for $3.97 at Walmart and I let the children go to work. You can pick up dishes at the dollar store. We had a great time decorating our plates. When you are done place them in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes to set the marker.
Here is five other ideas for this project
1) Teacher gift have each child sign a mug or plate for the teacher as the end of the year gift
2) Wedding have each guest sign in on a serving platter for the bride and groom
3) College this is a great way to make sure your student doesn’t lose their dishes
4) Grandparent gifts who wouldn’t want a mug decorated by their someone special
5) Birthday party idea each kids can make their own plate or cup to take home
How would you use this idea? Pin this idea so you can use it at another time!
Filed under: Kids Corner