Each week I bring you a kids craft that is fun, educational, and frugal. Since St. Patrick’s Day is this weekend I used pictures with this holiday’s symbols; however, this craft can easily be altered to be for any holiday (check out the educational activities at the bottom for ideas)! If you’ve missed any previous crafts, check out Momondealz’s Kids Frugal Fun page. If you enjoy my crafts, please be sure to share them on Pinterest!
St. Patrick’s Day Learning Wheel
Clip Art Pictures or Crayons/Markers
1. Draw and cut a circle from the cardboard box.
2. Cover the circle with white construction paper and glue it onto the cardboard.
3. Divide the circle into equal parts by drawing lines.
4. Find pictures or words and put one inside of each section of the learning wheel (I found my clipart here).
5. Label clothespin with the beginning letter of each word and have your child label them.
- Language Arts: We used this board for beginning sounds but you can also alter it for synonyms, antonyms, matching lower and upper case letters, etc.
- Math: Put different numbers of pictures inside each section and put the corresponding number on the clothespins and have your child match them. You can also put math equations and the answers and have your child match those.
- Science: Label each section with different animals and label the clothespins with the habitat they can be found.
- Social Studies/History: Label each section with contributions from famous people and label each clothespin with the famous names for your child to match.