Each week I bring you a craft that is fun, educational, and frugal. With Valentine’s Day sneaking up quick, I will be focusing on these crafts for the next month!
If you’ve missed any previous crafts, check out page. Just a side note, I as much as I can when doing crafts…it really helps to preserve them.
Remember, if you love any of my crafts, be sure to
Non-Candy Valentine’s Day Gift
>1. Fill the pan with shaving cream. Use the popsicle sticks to make it really fluffy.
2. Add food colors one at a time and swirl around to create different designs.
3. Cut out 2 Big Hearts and as many little hearts as you’d like using the card stock.
4. Have your child pick a recipient (parent, teacher, grandparent, friend, etc) and either tell you the things they love about them or write the words themselves.
5. Lay the hearts on top of the shaving cream, words facing down.
6. Lift the hearts and scrape off the excess shaving cream-put aside to dry.
Writing Skills: This is an excellent opportunity to practice writing skills and using complete sentences. Also, if you punch holes in the hearts and string them closed, that is a perfect activity for practicing fine motor skills.
Reading Skills: There are a TON of wonderful Valentine’s Day books that you can read with your child! Here are some of my favorites: