Each week I bring you a kids craft that is fun, educational, and frugal. National Ice Cream Day is always the 3rd Sunday of July so this year that will be 7/21!
If you’ve missed any previous crafts, check out Momondealz’s Kids Frugal Fun page.
Remember, if you love any of my crafts, be sure to Pin them on Pinterest!
I used to make this with my students all the time and they always loved it!
Rock Salt-6 tablespoons
Vanilla-1/4 teaspoon (we also made some with lime juice and it was yummy)
Big Ziploc Bag
Small Ziploc Bag
1. Combine milk, sugar, and vanilla or lime into small ziploc bag and seal.
2. Combine ice and rock salt into big ziploc bag.
3. Insert small bag into big bag and seal the big bag.
4. Shake for 3-4 minutes and the mixture will harden into an ice cream treat!
- Science: Discuss the difference between liquids and solids and how the states of matter can change back and forth.
- Math: Have your child complete the measuring in this activity. Have your child compare and contrast different measuring tools and various sizes.
- Language Arts: Focus on the letter I and do a search around the house for other things that start with I. You can also see how many words they can create with the letters from the words “ice cream”.