Each week I bring you a craft to do with your child that is fun, educational, and frugal!
Wondering what to do with some of the boxes your child’s toys came in? Here are a couple of ideas!
Craft # 1: New Year’s Eve Shakers
Desired Decorations including a bell
Beans, rice, etc
1. Fill the box with beans or rice and tape shut.
2. Wrap the box with construction paper and glue the pencil to the back.
3. Glue the bell and other decorations on the box.
- Fine Motor Skill: Have your child rip or cut small pieces of paper to glue to the box.
- Science: Discuss recycling the box and how important recycling and reusing is to protecting the enviroment.
- Math: Create patterns with the decorations and identify them as AB, ABB,ABC patterns, etc
Craft #2: Box City Scape
Boxes of different sizes
Markers, Crayons, Decor
1. Tape boxes together.
2. Decorate to look like buildings and build your own city with the boxes! The kids will love this!
Other Box Uses:
- Building blocks-tape together and let your child build towers, tunnels, etc.
- Puppet Theatres
- Magazine or book storage
- Stencil or other craft mat
- Shadow Box/Diaroma
- Treasure/Treat Box
- Baby Doll Bed
Filed under: Kids Frugal Fun