Each week I bring you a craft that is fun, educational, and frugal. Halloween is quickly approaching so I will be sticking to this theme for a couple of weeks!
If you’ve missed any previous crafts, check out page. Just a side note, I as much as I can when doing games such as this-it really helps preserve the pieces!
Remember, if you love any of my crafts, be sure to !
Jack-o-lantern Door Sign
Black and Green Construction Paper or Sticky Felt
Small piece of cardboard
Hot Glue Gun
1. Cut a piece of cardboard into the size door sign you would like. Lay the popsicle sticks down to measure how many sticks you will need.
2. Have your child paint all of the popsicle sticks orange and allow to dry.
3. Glue the sticks down onto the piece of cardboard.
4. Cut out triangles and a mouth to have your child glue onto the sticks to create a jack-o-lantern face.
5. Add a green stem and some yarn and you have a festive sign to hang on your door until Halloween!
- Language Arts: Read a pumpkin themed book like with your child and try to create your jack-o-lantern’s face to look like a character in the book.
- Math: Teach your child the song “” and work on your counting skills, either by 1’s or 5’s!