Each week I bring you a kids craft that is fun, educational, and frugal. May 19th is Armed Forces Day and since we should all be appreciative of our military, I thought it would be nice to do a craft based on this holiday!
If you’ve missed any previous crafts, check out Momondealz’s Kids Frugal Fun page.
Remember, if you love any of my crafts, be sure to Pin them on Pinterest!
Military Thank You Bookmarks
I was told that soldiers overseas read a lot so I thought it would be nice to make some bookmarks that could help them keep their place while reading!
1. Cut out bookmarks from white or colored card stock.
2. Have your child color and decorate them, including a “Thank You” Message.
3. Cover the completed book marks with Mod Podge to protect the homemade gifts.
- Language Arts: Have your child create thank you cards to go with the bookmarks.
- Science: Discuss magnets and their properties. Then create a magnetic picture frame to honor a soldier your family knows.
- Create A Care Package: Include the book mark and other needed items for the soldier. Some frequently requested items are deodorant, snack mixes, ziploc bags, toothpaste, toothbrushes, sunscreen, phone cards, etc.