Each week I bring you a kids craft that is fun, educational, and frugal. Today, June 27th is Sunglasses Day~so we made some glasses to use around the house and my son LOVES them!
If you’ve missed any previous crafts, check out Momondealz’s Kids Frugal Fun page.
Remember, if you love any of my crafts, be sure to Pin them on Pinterest!
1. Discuss with your child a design they would like for their glasses. For us, it’s a no brainer~my son is crazy about rockets right now so we chose to have “rocket glasses”. Any shape you can come up with will work. Keep in mind, I am NOT an artist but here is our design.
2. Draw your design on cardstock and have your child color and decorate the glasses BEFORE you cut them out.
3. Tape the sides to the eye peices and viola-homemade sunglasses!
*You could also add plastic wrap to the eye pieces to make them appear more like glasses!*
- Language Arts: Have your child “read” the room with their new glasses. They can wear their glasses to find letters, sight words you’ve hidden, or they can pick out objects around the house and create a story using them!
- Math: Have your child measure their head to make sure the sides of the glasses will be the correct length/size when they are making the craft.
- Science: Discuss the reason we need sunglasses (sun UV protection) and you can do some experiments with the sun (shadow play, sun baked s’mores, etc).
Also, since July 4th is next week, I thought many of you may be interested in some past crafts we’ve done that can help you enjoy this holiday: