When Kristen from WGNT saw a diaper cake I made last year, she asked if I could come on and do a Parent’s Corner segment. Since I LOVE creating anything for babies, I jumped at the chance.
How To Make A Tricycle Diaper Cake
1. Roll 6 diapers up and wrap them in a rubber band. Put a rubber band around a toilet paper roll and insert the rolled diapers in between the rubber band and roll.
2. Take 6 more diapers and cover the “wheel” with these diapers by inserting them unfolded in between the rubber band and rolled diapers.
3. Repeat this process around each end of the paper towel.
4. Cover all 3 “wheels” with riboon of your choice.
5. Roll one baby blanket and insert it inside the toilet paper roll wheel and set aside.
6. Attach the 2 pipe cleaners together and insert them inside the back wheels.
7. Bring the blanket ends from the front wheel to the back wheels and attach using the pipe cleaners.
8. Roll another blanket and insert inside the front wheel (yes this will be hard) and bring up to create the handlebars.
9. Lay one bib over the front wheel and place the bottle on top of it. Take the rolled blanket and rubber band the two ends to come together over the bottle, holding it in place and making it look more like handlebars.
10. Roll 2 more diapers and insert one into each end of the “back wheels” to make them more sturdy.
11. Roll 2 additional diapers to create the “seat”. Cover with the remaining bib.
12. Add any embellishments. I added skull socks to the handlebars and a bear with a skull bandana.