Here is a recipe based on Harris Teeter’s sale ad this week. The sale ends Tuesday evening.
Crockpot BBQ Chicken with Asparagus and Rice
-Harris Teeter Whole Fryer Chicken-$0.59 lb-I got one for $3.09
-Harris Teeter Asparagus $1.79
-Kraft BBQ Sauce $1
-Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice 3/$5-$1 coupon from 2/20 RP=$0.67
-2 tablespoons butter or margarine (assume on hand)
-Garlic powder or chopped garlic (whichever you have on hand)
Final cost of meal=$6.55
1. Clean chicken and place in crockpot legs up.
2. Pour entire bottle of BBQ over chicken and cook on low 8-10 hours.
3. Cook rice according to directions and set aside.
4. Melt butter in sauce pan and add garlic and asparagus. Cook to your desired tenderness.
5. Serve asparagus over rice alongside chicken.
photo credit: flickr.com
Filed under: Recipes