As many of you know, I am a mom of a 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old. What some of you may not know is that before kids I was an exercise freak! However, both of my pregnancies were borderline “at risk” so I was only able to walk during them. That means I gained quite a bit of weight. After having my second son, the only form of exercise I managed to fit in my schedule was running. While running I am able to push both boys in the stroller and spend some time with them plus try to stay in shape. My running journey definitely helped me shed the pounds and I am proud to say I am at my prepregnancy weight, that is before son #2. I am still 10 pounds away from pre-son #1 weight. So when I was offered a review on book and DVD, I was excited. Even more so when I actually opened the book and started reading.
With this book and DVD program you will not find the “magic” solution to losing weight. No fad diets here (thank goodness because I am so tired of hearing about success from friends doing the newest diet plan, only to see them gain the weight right back as soon as they “slip up”). This program focuses on what really works and uses strategies that have proved to be true throughout the years-if you eat right and exercise, you will get fit! I particularly like the section where Dustin explains the platuea many of us reach (like me) from just doing cardio alone-you must incorporate other training methods in order to have success. Here are some other tips included in the book:
- No amount of working out will compensate for poor eating habits.
- Traditional cardio won’t burn fat, but strength training will.
- Healthy enviroments=healthy families
- Intense burst training will increase your results by 9X!
In the Fit Moms for Life DVD, Dustin provides basic yet effective exercises to help you get into shape. Each exercise is fully explained and demonstrated. I especially like that he does several exercises focusing on upper back and shoulders. This is to help us mommies who frequently slouch due to lifting our children or nursing for long periods of time~I know that I definitely am guilty of “rolled shoulders” so I was excited about the concentration on this area.
My favorite aspect of the video is the way it is divided. There is a clear menu that allows you to watch and complete the video when and how you want to. You can choose the warm up, strength section, cardio section, core section, stretching, and there are even sections for nutrition, taking measurements, and more! Each section of the menu displays the length of time for each session so you can pick and choose based on your schedule~something that is crucial to me as a busy mom.
If you’d like to check out yourself you can visit .
How would you like to win your own copy of ? Here’s how:
1. Leave a comment below telling me your favorite way to exercise.
2. Follow . Leave a comment on this post telling me you have done this.
3. Follow . Leave a comment on this post telling me you have done this.
4. Follow . Leave a comment on this post telling me you have done this.
5. Share this post on Twitter or Facebook using either #Momondealz for Twitter or @Momondealz for Facebook. Leave a comment on this post telling me you have done this
Disclosure: I received a copy of the book and DVD in order to complete my review. All opinions are 100% my own.