Thanks to Dana over at The Coupon Challenge for this yummy sounding recipe! I am always looking for chicken dishes! This weeks recipe prices are based on the 02/16 Farm Fresh weekly ad.
Mushroom & Swiss Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package of fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Swiss cheese slices (or shredded)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Cajun seasoning (or similar)
- Onion slices
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Combine oil and garlic in a baking dish with chicken. Coat well. Sprinkle with the vinegar, S/P and Cajun seasoning.
- Bake 350° F for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven. Cover chicken with onion and mushroom slices, add a more oil and vinegar and return dish to oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately place 1 slice of cheese on top of each chicken breast.
Could serve with Betty Crocker Pouch Potatoes $1 and Richfood Frozen Vegetables $1
Richfood Swiss Cheese $2.19 ( $1.10)
Green Onion $0.79 ($0.40)
Perdue Perfect $5.99
Total: $6.48 + $2 for sides
Photo & recipe credit : Allrecipes.com–
Filed under: Recipes