If you pay close attention to my Facebook page, you know I enjoy running as my main form of exercise. Unfortunately I hurt my back a few weeks ago and have been unable to do very much physical activity-which has driven both my body and mind NUTS! Also, it’s made me a bit lazy on menu planning since it’s been difficult to move from my heating pad! Sadly, this has led to way too many take out meals. I am pretty much 95% healed so it is time to get back into shape-both physically and financially! I will be writing this series “Fall Fitness” to hold myself accountable and to hopefully gain some team mates in the process (that would be you)! I will share my goals, menu, and tip each week that will hopefully keep us fit thru the fall!
Update from Last Week’s Goals:
Fitness-I ran 5 times but for short distances and I did use weights 3 times. I also purchased Jillian Michael’s Ripped in 30 but did not make it to my neighborhood gym to do the trial week.
Week 2 Fitness Goals:
1. Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30workout-4 times
2. Running at least 4 days
3. My goal is to lose 10 pounds in the next couple of months so I will take my body measurements this week so I can also see how many inches I lose.
Week 2 Menu For the Week:
- Monday: Mexican Monday-We have Mexican every Monday night; this week will be using ground turkey.
- Tuesday: Honey Marinated Chicken Breasts-marinade is 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1 tsp rosemary, and pepper/garlic to taste.
- Wednesday: Grilled Pork Chops with brown rice and broccoli
- Thursday: BBQ Chicken and Black Bean Burritos (cook chicken in crockpot with BBQ sauce, add black beans at the last 30 min of cook time and put mixture in whole wheat tortilla.
- Friday: Veggie Pizza-Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (store bought) add homemade tomato sauce and add chopped veggies and low fat cheese.
- Saturday: We will be having a Labor Day Weekend BBQ-Turkey burgers, nitrate free turkey hot dogs, various fruits, grilled balsamic potatoes, and corn on the cob.
- Sunday: Husband’s Choice
Tip of the Week:
Sit down and create a list of anything you spend money on that is not a necessity-meaning Starbucks coffee, lotto tickets, massage, mani/pedi, movie night; you know…the “fun stuff”. Number each item by order of importance and see if you can eliminate the item that ends up at the bottom of the list. If you really don’t want to give it up completely, cut it back by at least 1/2. If you get Starbucks everyday, try to do it every other day. If you get a manicure/pedicure once a week, try every other week. You get the point-cut back on unnecessary things and you will see the savings add up!