Welcome to my new series: Fall Fitness! If you’ve missed any of the previous posts, check them out here!
If you pay close attention to my Facebook page, you know I enjoy running as my main form of exercise. Unfortunately I hurt my back a few weeks ago and have been unable to do very much physical activity-which has driven both my body and mind NUTS! Also, it’s made me a bit lazy on menu planning since it’s been difficult to move from my heating pad! Sadly, this has led to way too many take out meals. I am pretty much 95% healed so it is time to get back into shape-both physically and financially! I will be writing this series “Fall Fitness” to hold myself accountable and to hopefully gain some team mates in the process (that would be you)! I will share my goals, menu, and tip each week that will hopefully keep us fit thru the fall!
Fitness: I was able to meet both goals last week. I completed Jillian Michael’s Ripped in 30 5 times (which is 1 more than my goal) and I was able to run 4 times. However, on my “long run” day, I upped the miles and my back paid the price. I was in a lot of pain and am going to have to go visit the therapist again; so unfortunately, I will be taking the week off from running. I am continuing taking measurements and weighing myself-this week I only lost 1 1/2 inches but I did lose 1 pound…not much but it’s still a loss!
Fitness Goals Week 4:
- Complete Jillian Michaels’s Ripped in 30 5 times
- Go walking at least 2 miles 4 times (This is to replace the running. Since I have 3 races coming up, I need to be doing something).
- Cut back on soda. I know, soda is HORRIBLE for you, but I don’t drink coffee and generally allow myself 1 soda a day…but with the baby cutting teeth I’ve been indulging in more to pep myself up from lack of sleep. I will only have 1 a day this week and then starting weaning myself from that one down to none (eventually).
Menu Plan Week 4:
- Monday: Mexican Monday-We grilled chicken and pork over the weekend so we’ll be using the leftovers to make soft tacos.
- Tuesday: Zucchini lasagna-I have a recipe I am playing around with and making some changes so I will post the results.
- Wedneday: Baked chicken with brown rice and broccoli
- Thursday: Grilled Cheese and tomato soup (soccer practice so needs to be easy)
- Friday: Whole wheat pizza using a store bought crust and adding lots of veggies.
- Saturday: Husband’s choice
- Sunday: Turkey Chili
Tip of the Week:
Clean out the clutter! Not only will this help you feel better about your home, but you may be able to find some items to sell. You can also donate items and receive a tax deduction-that’s a win win!