Welcome to my new series: Fall Fitness! If you’ve missed any of the previous posts, check them out!
If you pay close attention to my , you know I enjoy running as my main form of exercise. Unfortunately I hurt my back a few weeks ago and have been unable to do very much physical activity-which has driven both my body and mind NUTS! Also, it’s made me a bit lazy on menu planning since it’s been difficult to move from my heating pad! Sadly, this has led to way too many take out meals. I am pretty much 95% healed so it is time to get back into shape-both physically and financially! I will be writing this series “Fall Fitness” to hold myself accountable and to hopefully gain some team mates in the process (that would be you)! I will share my goals, menu, and tip each week that will hopefully keep us fit thru the fall!
Fitness- My goal was to do 4 times and I did it 5 times! Also I wanted to run 4 days last week and I ran 5 times so I that was great. My distances weren’t far but my back is still giving me trouble when I hit 2-3 miles. I also mentioned taking measurements and weighting myself last week. I did both of those things and although I didn’t lose any pounds, I didn’t gain any either…I did however lose 2.5 inches-in one week!
Week 3 Fitness Goals:
1. workout-4 times
2. Running at least 4 days-I want to up the mileage as well. I feel like my back is getting stronger every day and even if I can’t run longer distances, I will at least walk. The boys really enjoy these outings and we get to talk a lot about nature!
Week 3 Menu For the Week:
- Monday: We always have Mexican Mondays but since it’s Labor Day we will be grilling out! The plan is to have turkey nitrate free hot dogs (Trader Joes), corn on the cob, vegetarian baked beans, and salad.
- Tuesday: Taco Tuesday! We will stuff tacos with crockpot chicken (chicken breast with one can of low sodium chicken stock cooked on low in the crockpot all day), black beans, and salad toppings. Served with brown rice.
- Wednesday: on whole wheat buns- I’ve actually altered this recipe to add black beans…soooo good!
- Thursday: in the Crockpot
- Friday: Veggie Pizza-Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (store bought) add homemade tomato sauce and add chopped veggies and low fat cheese (we didn’t do this last week so we will try it this week)!
- Saturday: Husband’s choice…I will be out celebrating a friend’s birthday!
- Sunday: Grilled chicken, broccoli, sweet potatoes
Tip of the Week:
Call your utilily companies and credit companies and ask for reductions. For example, our local cable company gives discounted rates if you promise to stay with them for a year. Also, if you’ve been on time paying your credit card bills, they can often lower your rate-it never hurts to ask! In addition, don’t forget to shop around-there are always “introductory deals” out there you can check out!