September 24th, 2012 | 1 Comment
Welcome to my new series: Fall Fitness! If you’ve missed any of the previous posts, check them out here!
If you pay close attention to my Facebook page, you know I enjoy running as my main form of exercise. Unfortunately I hurt my back a few weeks ago and have been unable to do very much physical activity-which has driven both my body and mind NUTS! Also, it’s made me a bit lazy on menu planning since it’s been difficult to move from my heating pad! Sadly, this has led to way too many take out meals. I am pretty much 95% healed so it is time to get back into shape-both physically and financially! I will be writing this series “Fall Fitness” to hold myself accountable and to hopefully gain some team mates in the process (that would be you)! I will share my goals, menu, and tip each week that will hopefully keep us fit thru the fall!
Update from Last week:
Actually last week’s Fall Fitness was a terrific guest post, so this is actually an updated from 2 weeks ago!
I kept up with my fitness goals and actually just finished the last of the 4 workouts in Jillian Michael’s Ripped in 30. I have lost a total of 5.5 inches and only 1 pound. Not a huge amount, but my goal was pretty small and muscle does weigh more than fat! Plus, because my back is still “iffy” during workouts, I modified a lot and used low weights.
Fitness Goals Week 5:
1. I plan on redoing the Jillian Michael’s Ripped in 30 program for then next 4 weeks and upping the poundage in weights. However, instead of 5 times a week, I plan on doing it 3 times.
2. I plan on running 5-6 days a week for a minimum of 3 miles each time.
Menu Plan Week 5:
- Monday: Mexican Monday-This never changes for us-stop by my house on a Monday evening and there will be soft tacos. We’ll be using shredded chicken for this week’s tacos!
- Tuesday: Baked pork chops with brown rice and broccoli
- Wednesday: Ground Turkey spaghetti
- Thursday: Leftover night (soccer practice so needs to be easy)
- Friday: Whole wheat pizza using a store bought crust and adding lots of veggies.
- Saturday: Husband’s choice
- Sunday: Chicken & Dumplings
Tip of the Week:
Get an accountability partner in your finances and workout routine. One of the reasons I decided to blog about my goals is to hold myself accountable for them. My husband and I are also each other’s partners for our goals. You can enlist a friend, family member, or coworker to help you. Tell your partner your goals and ask them to check in with you to ensure you are reaching them. This doesn’t even have to be someone who lives near to you. One of my friends that lives 2 hours away has started an exercise routine and I am her accountability partner. Every other day I text her and ask “How’s it going?” and she responds with how long she walked for, or used the elliptical for, etc. You can do this with your finances too. No on needs to know “all of your business” but tell them you are trying to cut back on eating out, or buying shoes, or whatever your splurges are-and have them call you out if they see you with a Wendy’s bag (or hot new pair of shoes). You get the point-having someone know about your goals can help motivate you to reach them!
Written by momondealz
Coupons & Deals Delivered To Your Email Inbox!
Grab My Button!
© 2014 Mom on Dealz