I threw a big 40th Beer Bash Birthday party for my husband this weekend and these Chocolate beer stout cupcakes were a HIT! I loved how super simple they were to make! And don’t worry, you don’t actually taste the stout beer-it just makes them SUPER moist!
Chocolate Beer Stout Cupcakes With Homemade Irish Cream Icing
- 1 Box Betty Crocker Devils Food Cake Mix
- 1 1/4 Cups of Stout Beer (I used Guiness)
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Eggs
Irish Cream Icing:
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Crisco Shortening
- 1/2 Cup Softened Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 4-5 Tablespoons of Irish Cream Liqueur
- Chocolate Syrup
1. Preheat oven to 350 and put cupcake liners in baking pan.
2. Beat together cupcake ingredients in bowl on low speed for about 30 seconds and then medium speed until well blended.
3. Divide batter into cupcake pan and bake 18-20 minutes or until done.
4. In a big bow, beat butter and Crisco on low speed until mixed smooth. Continue mixing and add powdered sugar one cup at a time.
5. Continue beating while adding vanilla and Irish cream liqueur and mix until smooth.
6. If you have a decorating bag and tip you can pipe the frosting on the cooled cupcakes or use a Ziploc bag with a whole cut in the corner.
7. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
These turned out amazing and people were grabbing 2 at a time so I was happy I doubled the recipe! To save my waistline, I am sending in the extras to Chris’s work tomorrow!
If you love these, keep an eye out for more posts coming with details and recipes from the Beer Bash party!
This recipe was based off of one located here.