I love Christmas and decorating the house. The kids love candy canes so I thought…”Why not create some candy cane tapers?”
Candy Cane Tapers
- 2 Taper Candles ($ store)
- 2 Candle holders ($ store)
- Red Tape, Ribbon, or Paint ($ store)
1. Paint candle holders red. Allow to dry. You may need to paint several layers on the holders depending on the type of paint you use. I used acrylic and one coat seemed fine.
2. Apply tape or ribbon to the taper in a striped pattern. I used tape from the craft store (only 99 cents) but I recommend ribbon. When we turned on the heat this week, the tape kept peeling off.
That’s it-easy peasy! This craft cost me a total of $2.99 to create. I already had the taper candles and paint on hand so I only had to buy the red tape and candle holders!
Be sure to check out my using the same idea!
*Note* These candles are “looks” only. I do not suggest burning a candle you’ve put any other material on or around!