My 4 year old is attending a new school this year and they really focus on Healthy Snacks for School. They have a lot of allergies and are very anti-sugar! They even ask that you don’t bring in cookies or cupcakes for birthdays due to the sugar! When I heard that I thought, “What in the world will I bring?!”. So I went searching and found this little robot snack idea on Pinterest! I would love to credit the source but when I clicked on the image, it didn’t take me to a site.
Healthy Snacks For School
- Small Boxes of raisins
- 100% Pure Juice ( I chose Apple Juice)
- Fruit Cups
- Smarties (not very healthy but they have to have some fun)
1. Tape of glue the 2 raisin boxes together.
2. Tape or glue the juice box to the raisins.
3. Tape (not glue) the fruit cup upside down on the juice box.
4. Tape (not glue) the smarties to the sides of the juice box for arms.
These little guys were a BIG hit at the school and my son really loved them too! The kids immediately went for the “arms” which was no shock, but everyone enjoyed them. You could also substitute applesauce for the fruit cups! I will note that they did not travel well in the box I put them in so bring some tape with you to readjust lost body parts!
What are you favorite healthy snacks for kids?
Maybe you’re looking to have a movie night with your healthy snack? Check out my list of Good Movies For Kids!